Eight Judical District Court Detention Alternative for Autistic Youth - DAAY
Las Vegas autism court brings effective methods and resources for youth and charts a course for others to follow
When the detention alternative for autistic youth (DAAY) treatment court gets underway, Judge Sunny Bailey knows what needs to be done, and she and a specialized team of professionals make it happen. The court works with precision to get kids with autism in the juvenile justice system on track.
The DAAY Court is a court supervised program for youth involved in the juvenile justice system with a primary diagnosis of autism. This program addresses client’s access to appropriate services in order to reduce recidivism in the juvenile justice system.
- Comprehensive developmental evaluation, cognitive evaluation, and/ or neurological evaluation,
- Individual mental health counseling, residential treatment, if clinically appropriate,
- Applied behavior analysis (ABA),
- Recreational therapy,
- Vocational education and guidance,
- Community supervision and collaborative case management,
- Regular court status check reviews,
- Referrals to community resources and providers,
- Electronic monitoring,