Autism in the news
- Autism Therapy a Medi-Cal Benefit
- Runner With Autism Vies For Magazine Cover
- The Kids Who Beat Autism
Early Start Services Restored by Governor Brown to pre 2009 levels effective Jan 1, 2015!
- Starting January 1, 2015, infants at risk of a developmental disability, and toddlers between 2 and 3 years of age with delays of 33% in one developmental area, are once again eligible for Early Start's life-changing services.
- Interested in having Early Start services provided by all Master's Registered Behavior Technicians and board certified level staff?
Autism Care Demonstration Simplifies TRICARE ABA Benefits - 6/16/2014
- The Autism Care Demonstration (ACD) will start July 25, 2014 and will run until Dec. 31, 2018. All beneficiaries currently receiving ABA under TRICARE will transition seamlessly to the new benefit with no gap in coverage by Dec. 31, 2014.
- Currently, TRICARE beneficiaries with ASD get ABA covered by one of three programs, depending on their sponsor's duty status. The ACD combines these programs into a single benefit that will stay with beneficiaries if they move from active duty, retire or switch TRICARE plans. All ASD patients will have the same access to care, regardless of sponsor status or plan.
- The ACD offers several enhancements to previous ABA TRICARE programs. There are no annual or lifetime caps on the amount of ABA TRICARE will cover, simpler guidelines for starting coverage once a child has an ASD diagnosis and consistent rules for what type of Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCAB) can perform covered ABA.
- Further, the ACD's testing, authorization and review policies are simpler and offer parents and providers greater flexibility.
- Interested in having ABA services provided by all Master's Registered Behavior Technicians and board certified level staff?